Finally I'm lifting 50kg for my squats this week😅 This is a major achievement and I'd never imagined myself to lift at my weight. Though I managed 2 reps this time, small improvement is still improvement. Four months ago, I started a power lifting routine every twice a week. At first, I was a little skeptical about lifting heavy weights, that it might result to bulking, losing feminine curves and looking stumpy (cos I'm pretty short). Then, I would possibly call a girlfriend for help to remove my sports bra after gymming, take an extra minute to fit into my skinny jeans, and stop wearing crop tops. But... this was the old me overthinking the worst case scenarios that could happen. So Ryan corrected my misconceptions by explaining the benefits for females to attempt power lifting. Seeing how close I am towards my gym goals today, the current me totally found myself silly coming up with those absurd excuses back then hahaha
So what's powerlifting? It comprises 3 main exercises. Squats, bench press and dead lifts. The benefits of powerlifting are
1. Build lean muscles
2. Burn body fat
3. Maintain female physique
4. Shame those guys who lift lighter than you in the gym hehe😜
Normally for myself, I complete 4 sets for each exercise. Start warming up with an olympic bar (approximately 20 kg) for 10-12 proper reps. Check your posture by looking at the side mirror, make sure your back is straight and your knees are not over your toes when your squat. Laying a good foundation at the beginning will help train your muscle memory.
Subsequently, you may try the following exercises for the full body workout:
Squats (Using olympic bar in the weight cage system)
- First set: 8 x 25kg
- Second set: 6 x 30kg
- Third set: 4 x 35kg
- Fourth set: 2 x 40 kg
Bench press (Using dumbbells)
Do you know this exercise is a stimulant behind ladies working their ass off to achieve the impression of fuller breasts?
I've seen slight changes to my pecs around my chest, it works😁 However, this exercise does not increase the breast size, but the pec size, where pectoral muscles located behind the breast tissues can better support for the breasts and pushed them forward a bit. This creates a deeper cleavage😉
- Four sets of 6 x 3kg (in each arm)
Deadlifts (Using a barbell)
- Four sets of 8 x 25kg
The aim is to train our strength, the heavier we lift, the stronger we are physically and mentally. Bear in mind that lifting heavy weights shapes proper posture and keeps us motivated throughout the journey in pursuing our #bodygoals to look physically healthy and desirable💪🏻
Of course with the hard work I put into my workout, I can eat whatever I want to keep sane! So after a typical gym session, Ryan and I will patronise Guzman Y Gomez for their mouth-watering burritos. Time after time, we were addicted to tasting rice, beef and cheddar cheese, all at once in just a bite, and we decided to create a version of our own beef burrito this week!
Ingredients (serves 3)
- 300g minced beef
- 100g Emmental cheese
- 1 carrot
- ½ zucchini
- ½ bulb garlic
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 egg white
- 2 celery sticks
- 3 gluten free wraps
- ¼ cup white rice
- ¼ cup brown rice
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- Big frying pan with a lid
- Toaster/ Microwave oven
- Vegetable Peeler
- Chopping board
- Vegetable knife
- Rice cooker
- Can opener
- Combine white and brown rice grains in a rice cooker pot, add 2 cups of water in it. Stir rice and water continuously. Rub the rice grains between your fingers. The water should turn murky by now. Drain the water and add 2 cups of water to the rice grains. It is important to wash away surface starches of the rice grains. Add coconut oil into the rice mixture before cooking.
- Add egg white, sesame oil and white pepper to the minced beef. Marinate and mix well. Cover minced beef with a cling wrap and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Peel zucchini in thin strips. Dispose its core and skin. Peel and dice carrots and garlic.
- Open the can of kidney beans. Wash and drain in a bowl. Side aside.
- Take out minced beef from the refrigerator to let it sit for 20 minutes, to bring it to room temperature before cooking.
- Add olive oil on the big frying pan over medium-high heat. Fry diced garlic until it turns slightly golden brown. Add in diced carrots and kidney beans and stir well with garlic for 2-3 minutes.
- Add minced beef into the frying pan. Use the tip of the spatula to separate the block of meat into pieces. Once it turns from red to brown, add oyster sauce, Worcestershire sauce and 1 cup of water. Mix well. Cover frying pan with the lid and simmer over low heat for 5-10 minutes until it forms a thicker sauce.
- To serve, start with 1 scoop of rice as the base followed by the minced beef mixture. Finally add zucchini strips and sprinkle Emmental cheese before putting into the toaster for 3 minutes.